What is saving a search?
Sometimes when you search our catalog for a title, you find out we don't have it, and you may recommend it for the library using our Purchase Suggestion Form. Or sometimes there's a topic, author, musician, etc. that you're so interested in, you would like to know whenever we get new items related to them. Saving a search means we'll notify you when we get these items, so you can be among the first to place a hold request.
Creating a saved search
- Search the catalog.
- On the search results page, click the blue Save Search button in the upper left.
- Enter your library card number and password.
- Click Log In.
- Enter a name for your saved search (such as "Documentary Films").
- Uncheck the box next to Email if no results (if you leave this box checked, you will receive emails every week, whether there is news or not).
- Click Save Search.
If items that meet your search criteria are added to catalog, you will be notified. Then you can place a hold request. You can delete a saved search when you no longer need it.
How do I delete a saved search?
- Log in to your library account.
- Click Saved Searches.
- Click the box next to the saved search you want to delete.
- Click Delete Selected Search.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete that saved search.