Our mission is to build, maintain, operate and manage City facilities. We are a skilled team of professionals who work collaboratively to help achieve the goals of those we serve. Foremost, we are responsible and accountable stewards of the City’s facilities.
The City of Eugene has over 2 million square feet of facilities, which include community centers, fire stations, libraries, performing art venues, parking garages, swimming pools and park structures, as well as general City office buildings. The current General Fund inventory includes 113 buildings and structures totaling nearly 902,000 square feet, with a replacement value of nearly $330 million.
Facility Management programs include:
- Project management for the design and construction of new and remodeled City facilities
- Maintenance and repair of City public buildings and structures, including swimming pools, fire stations, community and senior centers, parking structures and the Eugene Public Library
- Building operations, including custodial services
- Energy Management and Green City Building programs
- Facility strategic planning
- Downtown and Park Blocks maintenance
- Security, including access control, lock and key, security alarms and fire alarms
- Mail and distribution services
- Facility condition assessment of City buildings
- Facility Board recommendations on a variety of facility-related topics