- What if i want to build a hangar?
Please submit plans and drawings through the Tenant Project Request Form. https://www.eugene-or.gov/FormCenter/Airport-50/Plan-Review-at-EUG-473
Airport staff will review the plans and provide potential site locations and add additional information.
- Are there any environmental studies required prior to building a hangar?
Yes, the Airport orders an environmental survey.
- How long may it take before construction begins?
The process could take up to a year. After review of initial plans, full construction plans will need to be submitted for final approval. An FAA 7460-1 will also need to be submitted by Airport staff. For details on the process please contact the Airport Administration office at 541-682-5430.
- Are there any fees associated with building a hangar?
Yes, fees associated with building a hangar include an environmental survey fee, a construction processing fee and pre-paid rent for the first lease year.
- What are the rates per square foot?
Non-commercial rate is $0.43 per square foot. Non-Commercial Aeronautical Activity means use of the Leased Premises that does not include the sale, exchange, trading, buying, merchandising, hiring, marketing, promotion, or selling of commodities, goods, services, or products, or any revenue-producing activity made available to the public connection with Aeronautical Activities.
Commercial rate is $0.47 per square foot. Commercial Aeronautical Activity means the sale, exchange, trading, buying, merchandising, hiring, marketing, promotion, or selling of commodities, goods, services, or products, or any revenue-producing activity made available to the public connection with Aeronautical Activities.
- Does the Airport need to know if I am selling or buying a hangar prior to sale or assignment?
Yes, the ground lease holder will need to notify Airport staff of the potential assignment, including providing the contact information for the buyer. A Ground Lease Agreement between the Airport and buyer must be executed prior to the sale, including in escrow.
- What documents need to be reviewed prior to sale or assignment?
The current lease is reviewed by Airport staff. A third-party survey will be conducted on the ground leased area to ensure accuracy on the development footprint dimensions. Hangar insurance requirements from the buyer will be verified.
- What documents need to be filled out to complete the assignment of the lease?
Airport staff will provide the buyer two exhibits. Exhibit C – Aircraft Registration and Exhibit D – Acknowledgement and Release of Responsible Person. Airport staff will provide a new Ground Lease Agreement to the buyer for signature.
- How do I know if the hangar I am purchasing is a non-commercial or commercial hangar?
The Airport will provide Exhibit A – Hangar Use Designation form that will identify the hangar as non-commercial or commercial.
- Can I sell individual units within my T-Hangar Ground Lease?
No, the units may only be subleased with prior approval by Airport staff.
- What do I need to do if I want to sublease my hangar or T-Hangar unit?
You will need to provide the sublease information to Airport staff for prior approval.
- Can I file my lease with the County?
No, a Memorandum of Lease is prepared by Airport staff for the title company’s deed filing.
- What are the insurance requirements for hangars?
Hangar insurance requirements are $2 million general Liability and $3 million for aggregate.
For hangars that are Specialized Aeronautical Service Operator’s (SASO’s) requirements vary depending on the type of aeronautical activity.
- Are there any fees associated with assigning my hangar?
Yes, the ground lease assignment fee is $300.
- What if I want to do construction on my existing hangar?
You will need to fill out a project tenant request form located at
- Can I use my hangar to store non-aeronautical items?
No, the FAA Policy on Non-Aeronautical Hangar Use prohibits the storage of non-aeronautical items in hangars.