Eugene’s Office of Equity & Community Engagement (OECE) supports the Human Rights Program for the City of Eugene and is responsible for fielding discrimination complaints related to Housing, Employment, Public access (including accessibility requests and grievances), City contracts that occur within the City of Eugene.
OECE provides victim support and community response to hate and bias activity. See the Hate and Bias page to learn more about how the City tracks and responds to hate and bias activity.
Human Rights City
The City of Eugene Human Rights Commission completed a “Human Rights City Project,” supporting the City government in implementing international human rights standards and principles in its operations.
If you have questions or concerning:
- Human rights discrimination
- Hate/bias activity
- Accessibility accommodations
- An accessibility grievance for a City of Eugene facility, program or event
- Other human rights related matters
If you are in immediate danger call 911. If it is not an emergency, you may submit a complaint or concern in the following ways:
- Report online at www.eugene-or.gov/reporthate
- In person: Office of Equity & Community Engagement located at 101 West 10th Avenue, Suite 119. Our office is currently closed to the public due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- By phone: 541-682-5177